Individual psychotherapy services can help children, adolescents and adults who are trying to work through challenges to live a more fulfilling life. I use a combination of traditional therapy, and art therapy to work with clients in a way that resonates.
Psychotherapy can help you to:
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Develop more effective communication strategies
- Develop coping skills to manage anxiety and stress
- Process unresolved traumas or overwhelming experiences
- Develop tools for coping with depression, anxiety & stress
- Manage Life transitions – becoming parents, marriage, separation/divorce, job changes, empty nest, retirement or loss of health/functioning
- Maintaining healthy boundaries with people
- Develop a stronger sense of self
- Find new more effective ways of being in the world
Often our present day struggles are rooted in patterns that developed in the past. I will work with you to identify patterns that are no longer serving you and help you to develop tools and coping strategies to live more authentically.
Anxiety and depression often occur when there is a preoccupation with the past or fear about the future. Much of the work of therapy involves becoming more mindfully aware of the present moment and finding ways to return to it. Therapy can help you become more comfortable living in that gray space where there is uncertainty, ambiguity and ambivalence, which is, essentially, how most of life is.
I am happy to speak with you for a free phone consultation. To get the most out of your phone consultation simply download the interview questionnaire, complete the form and have it handy when you call.